Movie Review: The Book of Eli

 

Synopsis: Eli (Denzel Washington) has been on a journey for 30 years, walking west across America after a cataclysmic war that turned the earth into a total wasteland. The world has become a lawless civilization where people must kill or be killed. The barren roads belong to gangs of cutthroats who rob and kill for water, a pair of shoes, a lighter, or just for fun. Eli is a peaceful man who only acts in self defense, and becomes a warrior with unbelievable killing skills when he is challenged. After the war and the "Big Flash", Eli was guided by a higher power to a hidden book and given the task of protecting the book and taking it to its final destination. Eli guards the book with his life, because he knows that the book is the only hope that humanity has for its future.

Review: In my opinion, it is a great movie for hubby to watch but not for me. Throughout the movie he was on his excited states or should I say cloud nine? *wink* As for me, I hate to watch something that makes me wondering and asking myself too much 'why' while I'm still watching it. After 5 minutes, all I'm thinking was why why why and more why. I am the type of person who prefer and demands reason/logic on 'why is he doing that', 'where is he', 'what on Earth is he doing by walking in a deserted place' and so on and I want to know now! I don't prefer movies like after-you-watched-it-until-the-end-then-you-will-understand. Urgh! Frustration? Hello? *sigh*

Anyways, after doing some google-ing, it helped me a lot with my zillion 'why' thing in my head. Totally, the movie is so confusing. In addition, hubby likes it soooo very de mery much. He kept on saying sangat best , oh!bestnya! on our way back home. Zzz hubby. I don't understand how his brain works. IQ tinggi punya otak kan? Haha. He always figure out stuff differently. I wonder why. Hm. Wahaha. That's what I love about him. He is sooooo effing UNIQUE. Did I just say that he's unique? Strike 1 Steffy! Boooyaaa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contoh Soalan Q&A Pertandingan Unduk Ngadau

Darren Choy is not father of Daphne Iking's child