The Catholic 10 Commandments

Celebrated my grandfather's death anniversary that day. I think it had been 20 years plus since he left us. I didn't have any memories about him. I was still small when he passed away.

We invited Father Felix for a memorial prayer for remembrance. Did I get his name right? Lazy to ask my mum bah. Haha~ Correct me if I'm wrong Aunt Allison/ Kakak Mimie :)

Before we began the prayer, Father Felix gave a short sort-of-faith-enhancement speech shall I say. Long story short (it was supposed to be a surprise bah this), he mentioned about The 10 Commandments. Here they are: (usually taught during Sunday school - for Catholic kids)

   1.  I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.
   2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
   3. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
   4. Honor your father and your mother.
   5. You shall not kill.
   6. You shall not commit adultery.
   7. You shall not steal.
   8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
   9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
  10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.

I heard that other religions have these commandment too and it's more or less the same. Well, I am not surprised at all because there is only one God.

It's hard to obey all commands but if we want to be saved when we die, we better start becoming a better person. Personally, no. 8 is the hardest one. Oh please help me to become more like you Lord.

How can we ever stop talking about other people, speculate something when we saw someone, gossiping and etc. ?

Think about it..

May God bless us all. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contoh Soalan Q&A Pertandingan Unduk Ngadau

Darren Choy is not father of Daphne Iking's child