Kindly switch off your handphone.

Hello all! I would like to share an e-mail I received from my mum.

DO NOT SWITCH OFF YOUR HANDPHONE!

Here is why. (Copy paste straight from the email)
--------------------------------

Please  share this with all your friends and family  members........  :-) 

Dear  all 

I cannot stop myself from sharing  this with all of you. 

Its all started  when I received a call from someone claiming  that he was from Maxis and he asked me to  shutdown my phone for 2 hours for 3g update to  take place. As I was rushing for a meeting, I  did not question and shutdown my cell phone.   

After  45 minutes I felt very suspicious since the  caller did not even introduce his name. I  quickly turned on my cell phone and I received  several calls from my family members and the  others were from the number that had called me  earlier - 3954380. 

I called my parents  and I was shocked that they sounded very worried  asking me whether I am safe. My parents told me  that they had received a call from someone  claiming that they had me with them and asking  for money to let me free. The call was so real  and my parents even heard 'my voice' crying out  loud asking for help. My parent was at the bank  waiting for next call to proceed for money  transfer. I told my parents that I am safe and  asked them to lodge a police report.   

Right after that I received another call  from the guy asking me to shutdown my cell phone  for another 1 hour which I refused to do and  hung up. They keep calling my cell phone until  the battery had run down. I myself lodged a  police report and I was informed by the officer  that there were many such scams reported. MOST  of the cases reported that the victim had  already transferred the money! And it is  impossible to get back the money. 

Be  careful as this kind of scam might happened to  any of us!!! Those guys are so professional and  very convincing during calls. If you are asked  to shut down your cell phone for updates by the  service provider, ASK AROUND! Your family or  friends might receive the same call.   

Be  Safe and Stay Alert! 

Please pass around  to your family and  friends! 

Comments

Unknown said…
hurmm... somehow it must be done by someone close to the victim... come to think about it, how come the swindlers knew victim num AND their parents num? suspicious2... oh yes, thanx 4 the share BTW ^^v
SteffianaJ said…
@neko yeap. that person should be someone who is really close to them right? so hard to trust other people nowadays. huhu. have to be extra careful. or maybe that person had already did his/her research before doing this crime. you're most welcome! sharing is caring mah.

Popular posts from this blog

Contoh Soalan Q&A Pertandingan Unduk Ngadau

Darren Choy is not father of Daphne Iking's child