Bambangan and I

Hi, today I helped my mother in law to make a Kadazan traditional side-dish which is called Bambangan. I never saw how Bambangan was made. I only know how it was made and today I had the chance to make one! Actually, I only helped with the grating part. Teehee.

According to Fascinating Malaysia:


Bambangan is a type of wild mango with brown skin and a somewhat pungent smell. This is not eaten fresh as a fruit but made into a pickle or cooked with fish for a distinctive flavour.

So, here are the ingredients that you need:
1. Bambangan
2. Bambangan seed
3. Salt
4. Chilli (optional)


I will try my best to provide the step by step for you :)

1. Peel the skin.

















2. Cut it into small cubes of half inches.


















3. Cut the Bambangan seed into half and take the inside of it. Then, you need to grate it.

















4. Pour in salt according to how you want it to taste like. Mix all the ingredients together.

















5. Put it in an airtight container or jar. And voila! After 24 hours, you can enjoy delicious Bambangan. Some people prefer to wait until 1 week. The reason why you need to wait at least 24 hours is because the seed will still taste bitter if you straight away eat it (like what I did just now.) I swear I didn't know this until just now! Hahaha. You need to give the time for all those ingredients to mixed together overnight.

















Enjoy your day with Bambangan!

"Now everyone can eat bambangan." - S. Jipanin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contoh Soalan Q&A Pertandingan Unduk Ngadau

Darren Choy is not father of Daphne Iking's child