He Jia Fu Restaurant, Luyang-Likas

TGIF!

Today is Friday so as usual lunch break is 11.30am until 2.00pm and as usual also me will go outz tzo eatz somewhere furtzher tzhan tzhe offize wiz friendz. Partners in crime are Maryam and Izy, as usual. What's with the as usual huh?

We decided to try a new spot which is He Jia Fu Restaurant located opposite road side of Razz Ma Tazz. It is a Chinese Muslim Food Restaurant so you can bring your Muslim friend to eat there as well because it serve no pork and it is a halal restaurant. Where else can you find people like this if not in Sabah. Sabah is a beautiful place filled with beautiful people. Heh.


Sorry I forgot to take the picture of the restaurant. Will do so in the future. I apologize : (


Maryam ordered Wet Butter Chicken with Rice - RM7.50. The butter tasted so yummy! Not too creamy because usually butter broth have butter-y and creamier taste but this one nailed it! I would love to try this one on my next visit. I love the wet butter broth. I really am in love with it.


Izy ordered Fish Noodle Soup - RM8.00. I think the soup they have is herbal soup. When I tasted the soup, I can taste the herb. Nothing special with the soup. Tasted like just ordinary soup.


As for me, I ordered Fried Penang Kui Tiaw Seafood - RM8.00. I was shocked when I saw my food in front of me. I was like 'how will I even finish THIS?' but....... I managed to finish it. I love KUI TIAW. The taste is not bad. I just want to ask this:



Here is the thing: Penang Kui Tiaw means Kui Tiaw + Clam + Taugeh + Scallion. Not all restaurant cooked it that way and it is supposed to be cooked that way because that is why it is called Penang Kui Tiaw. If you don't know how to cook Penang Kui Tiaw, better don't put it in your menu. You can just say Fried Kui Tiaw full-stop.


We also ordered a side dish which is Chicken + Mushroom Dumpling - RM6.00. It tasted so-so. Nothing special for me.

The price there quite reasonable like normal price or standard price in KK city area.

I noticed that the noodles that they used are made by themself. If you choose to sit near the kitchen, you can see through their transparent plastic wall. You can watch their worker doing his magic with the noodles. His hands worked like MAGIC! I can imagine him doing kung fu noodle style. Hahaha. The noodle man is a Chinese btw. Wearing kopiah some more. Reminded me of Kung Fu Panda's foster dad, Mr. Ping the Goose. Hahahaha.


You looking for me?

According to Izy, that place is surely full-house during the night. It is a famous restaurant after all. Is it a new restaurant? I am not sure myself. Maybe next time I can interview the workers or the owner there.


Cleanliness: 4/5
Friendliness: 3/5
Price: 3/5

P/S: Waitresses there should at least know how to speak in Chinese for the convenience of their Chinese customers :) For the time being, I don't see any of the waitress converse in Chinese.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contoh Soalan Q&A Pertandingan Unduk Ngadau

Darren Choy is not father of Daphne Iking's child